In a recent meeting with Asolo Rep we talked a lot about how to set up Propared for use as a Space Reservation System.
Here’s a step-by-step rundown:
- In Contacts: Create your Spaces
- In Projects: Create a new Project called "Space Reservations"
- Create and distribute the Space Reservation Calendar Link to anyone who you want to be able to make requests (or post it to a website!). They'll then be able to check ahead of time to see if the space is, in fact, available..
Setup your Internal Process
- Appoint a Space Manager. Decide who is going to be the manager/gate-keeper of all space reservations.
- Let everyone know that all requests must come through the Space Manager. This could be as simple as an email or something more detailed like a google form.
- If the request is approved, the Space Reservation Manager adds a Task to the Space Reservation Project called "Blocked" or "Reserved" to indicate times when the space is not available. This will then immediately show up on the Public Link that everyone else is looking at.
If the new task affects a specific Project as well they can go to that Project's timeline and create a Task to indicate more specifics like what kind of Task it is, who is called, and any pertinent notes.